Friday, December 16, 2011

Hell, the ongoing saga...is it real?

I just read an interesting idea about Jesus' parables that end with the promise of divine retribution. Here's the link:
http://www.therebelgod.com/2011/09/more-i-follow-jesus-less-i-like-his.html

Derek Flood presents a simple, yet thoughtful, look at this issue. With so many, especially the Emergents, questioning the existence of eternal torment for simply not believing like many Christians do the question deserves much and diverse discussion.
I'm not totally sure I agree with all that Derek wrote, but that's because I haven't yet taken the time to really reflect on it. However, I do agree that presenting Hell as the motivation for evangelism totally misses the mark. God's love and mercy are the grounds for our belief and our sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment