Monday, March 26, 2012

Religion in politics

The following article showed up at Jesus Creed today.
I have spoken out on issues that are clearly political. I will continue to do so.
At least when I feel that there is some injustice or oppression involved.
This article reveals, though, something that I have been afraid of for awhile.
People in the society at large are tuning out, or worse, becoming hostile to people
injecting faith into the political process. I have to admit that much of what some
folks, particularly politicians, have to say regarding faith is not appropriate. But, this
is America. Folks have a right, and in some cases a duty, to speak their minds.
It would be nice, however, if every now and then they would think first.
Anyway, here is a link to the article:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jesuscreed/2012/03/26/evangelicalisms-political-sin/

No comments:

Post a Comment